2012 NFL ON CBSSeason Ratings Highlights
THE NFL ON CBS’s AFC package averaged a household (HH) rating/share of 10.7/21 for the 2012 regular-season. Last year was the network’s third-highest rated regular-season rating in 15 years – since CBS re-acquired broadcast rights to the NFL in 1998. Only the 2010 and 2011 seasons were higher rated than 2012.
- THE NFL ON CBS’s games for the 2012 regular-season averaged 17.7 million viewers (Persons 2+). The 17.7 million viewers was the third highest viewer average for the AFC regular-season television package in 26 years, dating back to 1987 (as far back as CBS records exist). The highest remains 18.4 million viewers for CBS in 2010 and 18.4 million in 2011.
- THE NFL ON CBS’s National games in the 2012 season averaged a HH rating/share of 13.9/25 for nine telecasts, including the third highest-rated regular-season telecast on any network, a 16.2/29 for the Dallas Cowboys overtime win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- The CBS National game telecasts in 2012 out-rated NBC’s primetime NFL package by 9% (13.9/25 vs. 12.8/20). This marked the 12th consecutive season (since 2001) that the CBS National game on Sunday afternoon has beaten the NFL primetime broadcast package.
THE NFL TODAY Pre-Game Show Ratings
All Pre-game Telecasts (Regular Season)
Average Sunday (17x) and Thanksgiving (1x) - 18 total telecasts
- For the 17 weeks of the regular-season, all telecasts of THE NFL TODAY averaged a HH rating/share of 2.5/6 and averaged 3.6 million viewers.
- THE NFL TODAY’s 3.6 million viewers in the 2012 regular-season (Sunday and Thursday), was the third highest number of average viewers for THE NFL TODAY since 2000.